Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells Lab – Edible Cell Model Lab
This cell model lab is sure to be a hit in your science classroom! This lab includes an editable version, digital version, full lesson plan, rubric, and more! Students will create a model of a prokaryotic cell and a eukaryotic cell using cookies, graham crackers, and candies of your choice. Perfect for grades 7-12. Students are always engaged and deepen their knowledge when yummy treats are involved!
This cell model lab is sure to be a hit in your secondary science classroom! Perfect for grades 7-12. Students are always engaged and deepen their knowledge when yummy treats are involved! This lab includes an editable version, digital version, full lesson plan, rubric, and more! Students will create a model of a prokaryotic cell and a eukaryotic cell using cookies, graham crackers, and candies of your choice.
Students will complete a background reading and questions to learn about prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. They will then create a model of each type of cell, complete a data table, draw and label their cell models, and answer reflection questions. Your download includes an editable lab handout, PDF version, Google Slides version, detailed teacher’s lesson plan, classroom donations handout, teacher reference sheet, and rubric. Black and white and color versions also included.
⭐ Topics ⭐
- Eukaryotic Cells (plant and animal)
- Prokaryotic Cells
- Cell Organelles
⭐ Lab Overview
– Students will read background information and answer pre-lab questions
– Students will follow a procedure to create two cells – prokaryotic and eukaryotic
– Students will fill out a data table with the name and function of each organelle they modeled. They will then justify why they chose the ingredient they did to model that organelle.
– Students will draw and label their models onto their handouts.
– As a culminating activity, students will answer three reflection questions.
– An editable rubric, classroom donations handout, teacher guide and references, and more are included!
⭐ This edible cell model lab is part of my Edible Science Labs Growing Bundle and Cells, Cell Organelles, and Cell Theory Growing Bundle
For this lab you will need either sugar cookies or graham crackers to serve as a base for the cell models, frosting, and an assortment of candies. Suggested supplies are included in your teacher guide and the lab handout is editable.
⭐ What You Will Receive :
- Teacher Lesson Plan with standards, vocabulary, pacing, procedure, prep, and materials
- Student Lab Handout (PDF and Editable PPT) in Black/White and Color
- Google Slides Version of Lab Handout
- Classroom donations handout (to ask students to bring in supplies)
- Answer Key
MORE FUN LABS
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.