Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells Unit Plan – Complete Unit for Secondary Science
Save over 30% on this amazing Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells Unit designed specifically for secondary science! This unit plan follows the 5E instructional method: Engagement, Exploration, Explanation, Elaboration, and Evaluation, and facilitates student-led learning with minimal prep time. This unit plan provides you with all the tools you need to teach these topics.
Save over 30% on this amazing Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells Unit designed specifically for secondary science! This cells unit plan follows the 5E instructional method: Engagement, Exploration, Explanation, Elaboration, and Evaluation, and facilitates student-led learning with minimal prep time. This unit plan provides you with all the tools you need to teach these topics.
⭐ This cells unit provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the two main types of cells, their structures, and the functions of cell organelles. The unit begins by introducing cells, cell theory, and the cell surface area to volume ratio. Students transition into learning about cell organelle structure and function as well as the similarities and differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
⭐ Topics ⭐
- Cell Theory
- Cell Size
- Structure and Functions of Cell Organelles
- Prokaryotic Cells
- Eukaryotic Cells
- Animal Cells
- Plant Cells
⭐ By the end of this unit, students will have a solid understanding of the different types of cells, their structures, and the functions of essential organelles. They will recognize the unique features that distinguish prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and understand how the organelles within eukaryotic cells work together to maintain homeostasis and support life processes.
⭐ This Cells 5E Unit Plan Includes the Following Resources:
Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells Unit Plan and Teacher’s Guide
• Big Ideas, Standards, Vocabulary, Objectives, Essential Questions, Enduring Understandings, Pacing Guide, Unit Plan, Templates, Suggested Resources, and More! Impress your administration and save time with this pre-made comprehensive Cells Unit Plan!
• Cells Pre-Test (T/F, 10-Questions, Editable)
• Cell Theory Webquest
– Students are introduced to and learn about type of cells, modern cell theory, discovery of cells, and the significance of cell size.
• Cells PowerPoint with Student Notes
– Includes Fill-in-the-Blank Student Notes, Comprehension Check Questions, & Kahoot Game Link
• Modeling Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells Lab
– Students use sweets to model types of cell s and complete a graphic organizer about cells.
• Cell Organelle Lab Stations
– Students get moving arou nd the room as they complete this dry lab activity about cell organelles. Standard and advanced options are included!
• Pre-made Editable Summative Assessment
• Cells Student-Choice Individual Project
– Students choose from 7 project options to create a mini-project about cells
Homework / Remediation / Sub Plan Options
• Cells Webquest
⭐ Ready to Teach this Unit?
⭐ Want to customize this unit to meet your classroom needs?
This unit is priced at 30% off. If you would like only a few things or a customized unit, you can request a custom bundle at a 25% off discount!
• Build Your Own Custom Bundle
MORE BIOLOGY UNITS
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.